Skip to main content

Apple bacon bbq burgers!

Making:

Apple bacon bbq cheeseburger! With potatoes and homemade pickles.

1 Serving prepared

Here's what I have:

The patties:

5 oz Beef
5 oz Pork
1/2 red apple peeled/grated
1 tbsp Onion flakes 
1 tsp Beef stock concentrate 
Pepper
Paprika 

Toppings:

2 strips cooked Bacon sliced
1/8 cup whote onion 
1.5 oz bbq sauce (HF leftover)
1/4 cup Sharp cheddar cheese 

The sides:
Homemade pickles 
Yukon gold potatoes wedged 
Fry seasoning with salt
Olive oil (not pictured)


Preperation:

To start I took the raw meat from making half of my hello fresh meals and combine them until well mixed. Add the rest of the burger ingredients and mix again until well incorporated, set aside.

The oven was preheated to 375° and then I tossed the potatoes in olive oil and coated in the fry seasoning. Once the oven was up to Temp I put the potatoes in for 25 minutes.

In a small saucepan I heated up the onion until clear and added the barbecue sauce cooking until the sauce was slightly reduced.

Once the potatoes have cooked up to the 12-minute mark got the cast iron hot and cooked the patties 4 mins per side and then set aside to rest after topping one patty with cheese. 

After the potatoes were done I stacked the burgers, the patty with melted cheese went on the bottom. The top patty got the rest of the cheese, some bacon, the barbecue sauce and pickles to top it off. The potatoes went on to the plate along with some more pickles. Because pickles.

The plate!


Again!


I decided to take unused bits from my HF box remixing the last recipe I reviewed into burgers and the result was great!

Using the same amount of meat I had today this could be split into a 2 serving meal of single patty burgers. All you'd need to do is add more potatoes, buns if you want, and double up on the toppings. I'll be making this again sometime with a few changes I thought up after cooking this meal. 

- Kris 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies.

Making: Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies. 1 serving prepared  Here's what I have: Burger and topping mix: 1 tsp Orange Ginger Spice blend  2 tsp Scallion whites  1/2 tsp Concentrated beef stock  1 tsp Ginger paste  2 tbsp Tamari Gluten-free pretzel crumbs 1 tsp honey  The rest:   5 oz Ground pork  2 tbsp Sesame seed  1/4 cup White onion  1/4 cup Russet potato  1/4 cup Carrot  Scallion greens  Preparation: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. The ingredients for the topping and burger mix were placed in a food processor and blend it until well-mixed. Half will go into the patty and half to the topping. The patty: 1 tbsp of sesame seeds, gf crumbs and half of the mix was added to the ground pork. A patty was formed and set aside.  The potatoes and carrots were drizzled in avocado oil and baked 425 degrees for 25 minutes.  When the vegetables hit the 15-minute Mark of cooking I got a n...

Try it out: Hellofresh 31

Reviewing: Chicken sausage sweet potato and kale soup. 1 serving prepared  Here's what you get: Forgot the cheese! Sweet potato  Kale  Italian chicken sausage mix  Chili flake  Yellow onion  Italian seasoning  Chicken stock concentrate  Parmesan cheese  Not used: Demi baguette  The soup: Per instructions I started by cooking the onion and sausage together until the onions are browned and the sausage was cooked through.  Next the sweet potatoes, stock concentrate and spice packet was added along with 1 in 1/4 cup of vegetable broth. After the soup was done simmering for 7 minutes per instruction I put the kale in and let it cook for an additional seven minutes. Side: Since I can't have the baguette I made some GF cheese crackers to go along with the soup today. The process for that will be posted at a later date. The plate: And flat bread - Kris

Croissant in the making

Making: Sourdough Croissants! Makes 8-12 depending on cut size Here's what I have: Dough 28 G butter  315 g flour plus additional for dusting.  *Today I'm using King Arthur gluten free bread flour 25 G sugar  1 tsp salt  97 G sourdough starter  180 ML whole milk  Butter pad 240 G butter  Allowed to soften at room temp. Egg wash 1 large egg 2 tbsp whole milk Preparation: In total this recipe took 3 days from mixing to lamination process then baking. Day 1  The dry goods were all combined in the mixing bowl and whisked together until incorporated. The bowl is placed on the stand mixer and set to the third setting with the dough hook in. Slowly I added milk and butter in increments. Once all the what ingredients were in the bowl I turned the speed up and let it run scraping down the sides every once in a while until a dough ball formed. Making the butter sheet: While the mixer was going I placed the butter for the butter sheet in between parchment ...