Skip to main content

Breakfast at dinner time

Making:

Breakfast for dinner!

Here's what I have:

3 strips Bacon 
2 Eggs (3rd not used)
1 tbsp Butter cut in half 
1 tbsp Heavy cream 
1/4 cup Carrot 
1/4 cup Potato 
1 tbsp Sweetie pepper 
1 tbsp Chives 

Not pictured:
mozzarella cheese 
Salt 
Pepper 
Paprika 
Garlic powder 
Onion powder

Preperation:

I preheat the oven to 375 on convection setting. Next the bacon was put on a v rack to cook and set aside. Next 2 of the eggs, the heavy cream, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, and onion powder together in a bowl. Combine well. One Ramekin was greased and the mixture was put into the Ramekin and topped with some chives.

This went into the oven first. Halfway through cooking the eggs I sprinkled a little mozzarella and dropped four sweetie Peppers into the middle of the egg cup.

The bacon went in 17 minutes before cooking was complete

While those are cooking I got the cast iron hot and put half the butter in. First into the cast iron, the carrots which were cooked until they had a brownish Edge to them. Next in, the rest of the butter and the potatoes. Cook together until both carrots and potatoes were soft with a brown edge to them. 

A little bit of paprika, onion and garlic powder along with the juice from the sweetie Peppers (about 1 tbsp) was added to the potato /carrot hash and cooked down, salt and pepper to taste. 

After plating I topped the potato/carrot hash with chives. The rest of the sweetie peppers were dropped into the egg cup along with some chives. These sunk as the egg deflated a bit.

The plate:

And again  :)

This dinner breakfast was a good protein punch to offset the veggie loaded dinner from yesterday. I'd like to try the egg baked a little softer and maybe with a sweet flavor next time I make this meal.

- Kris 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies.

Making: Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies. 1 serving prepared  Here's what I have: Burger and topping mix: 1 tsp Orange Ginger Spice blend  2 tsp Scallion whites  1/2 tsp Concentrated beef stock  1 tsp Ginger paste  2 tbsp Tamari Gluten-free pretzel crumbs 1 tsp honey  The rest:   5 oz Ground pork  2 tbsp Sesame seed  1/4 cup White onion  1/4 cup Russet potato  1/4 cup Carrot  Scallion greens  Preparation: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. The ingredients for the topping and burger mix were placed in a food processor and blend it until well-mixed. Half will go into the patty and half to the topping. The patty: 1 tbsp of sesame seeds, gf crumbs and half of the mix was added to the ground pork. A patty was formed and set aside.  The potatoes and carrots were drizzled in avocado oil and baked 425 degrees for 25 minutes.  When the vegetables hit the 15-minute Mark of cooking I got a n...

Croissant in the making

Making: Sourdough Croissants! Makes 8-12 depending on cut size Here's what I have: Dough 28 G butter  315 g flour plus additional for dusting.  *Today I'm using King Arthur gluten free bread flour 25 G sugar  1 tsp salt  97 G sourdough starter  180 ML whole milk  Butter pad 240 G butter  Allowed to soften at room temp. Egg wash 1 large egg 2 tbsp whole milk Preparation: In total this recipe took 3 days from mixing to lamination process then baking. Day 1  The dry goods were all combined in the mixing bowl and whisked together until incorporated. The bowl is placed on the stand mixer and set to the third setting with the dough hook in. Slowly I added milk and butter in increments. Once all the what ingredients were in the bowl I turned the speed up and let it run scraping down the sides every once in a while until a dough ball formed. Making the butter sheet: While the mixer was going I placed the butter for the butter sheet in between parchment ...

Try it out: Hellofresh 31

Reviewing: Chicken sausage sweet potato and kale soup. 1 serving prepared  Here's what you get: Forgot the cheese! Sweet potato  Kale  Italian chicken sausage mix  Chili flake  Yellow onion  Italian seasoning  Chicken stock concentrate  Parmesan cheese  Not used: Demi baguette  The soup: Per instructions I started by cooking the onion and sausage together until the onions are browned and the sausage was cooked through.  Next the sweet potatoes, stock concentrate and spice packet was added along with 1 in 1/4 cup of vegetable broth. After the soup was done simmering for 7 minutes per instruction I put the kale in and let it cook for an additional seven minutes. Side: Since I can't have the baguette I made some GF cheese crackers to go along with the soup today. The process for that will be posted at a later date. The plate: And flat bread - Kris