Skip to main content

Cookie experiment

Making:

Playing around with gluten-free sugar cookie mix to make chocolate cookies.

Here's what I have:

Immaculate honestly delicious Gluten-free sugar cookie mix 

2 eggs 
1 pack Cream cheese 
1 stick Butter 
1/4 cup Hershey's chocolate powder 
10 Dove dark chocolate candies, chopped
1/4 cup Walnut 
1 tbsp Vanilla

*The butter, cream cheese and egg were all at room temp before starting.

First I put the candy and walnuts in a food processor and chopped it all up to make a crumbly mixture. For the rest I used a hand mixer and spatula.

Next the cream cheese, butter and eggs were mixed until blended, the tbsp of vanilla was then added.

The chocolate powder and cookie mix were added until a thick whipped batter was formed.

Last the chocolate/walnut crumble was mixed in using a spatula until well blended.

To bake I used a small convection oven at 350 degrees non convection. Bake for 10 mins.

The cookies!

These have a light, very cake like consistency and aren't very sweet. I was shooting for this because I normally pair cookies with a sweet drink.  

To add sweetness one of the following would work:

*2-3 tbsp maple syrup 
*1/4 cup Sugar
*1/4 cup Sweet/Milk chocolate, tempered
     -  to replace the coco powder.

If any of the following are added you just need to make sure you mix until the whipped consistency is reached. You could also dust them with confectioners sugar after baking. 

I've done a similar cookie using GF cake mix as well that version typically doesn't need additional sugar. 

I store the batter in the fridge and bake a few cookies daily over the span of a week.

- Kris 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies.

Making: Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies. 1 serving prepared  Here's what I have: Burger and topping mix: 1 tsp Orange Ginger Spice blend  2 tsp Scallion whites  1/2 tsp Concentrated beef stock  1 tsp Ginger paste  2 tbsp Tamari Gluten-free pretzel crumbs 1 tsp honey  The rest:   5 oz Ground pork  2 tbsp Sesame seed  1/4 cup White onion  1/4 cup Russet potato  1/4 cup Carrot  Scallion greens  Preparation: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. The ingredients for the topping and burger mix were placed in a food processor and blend it until well-mixed. Half will go into the patty and half to the topping. The patty: 1 tbsp of sesame seeds, gf crumbs and half of the mix was added to the ground pork. A patty was formed and set aside.  The potatoes and carrots were drizzled in avocado oil and baked 425 degrees for 25 minutes.  When the vegetables hit the 15-minute Mark of cooking I got a n...

Try it out: Hellofresh 31

Reviewing: Chicken sausage sweet potato and kale soup. 1 serving prepared  Here's what you get: Forgot the cheese! Sweet potato  Kale  Italian chicken sausage mix  Chili flake  Yellow onion  Italian seasoning  Chicken stock concentrate  Parmesan cheese  Not used: Demi baguette  The soup: Per instructions I started by cooking the onion and sausage together until the onions are browned and the sausage was cooked through.  Next the sweet potatoes, stock concentrate and spice packet was added along with 1 in 1/4 cup of vegetable broth. After the soup was done simmering for 7 minutes per instruction I put the kale in and let it cook for an additional seven minutes. Side: Since I can't have the baguette I made some GF cheese crackers to go along with the soup today. The process for that will be posted at a later date. The plate: And flat bread - Kris

Croissant in the making

Making: Sourdough Croissants! Makes 8-12 depending on cut size Here's what I have: Dough 28 G butter  315 g flour plus additional for dusting.  *Today I'm using King Arthur gluten free bread flour 25 G sugar  1 tsp salt  97 G sourdough starter  180 ML whole milk  Butter pad 240 G butter  Allowed to soften at room temp. Egg wash 1 large egg 2 tbsp whole milk Preparation: In total this recipe took 3 days from mixing to lamination process then baking. Day 1  The dry goods were all combined in the mixing bowl and whisked together until incorporated. The bowl is placed on the stand mixer and set to the third setting with the dough hook in. Slowly I added milk and butter in increments. Once all the what ingredients were in the bowl I turned the speed up and let it run scraping down the sides every once in a while until a dough ball formed. Making the butter sheet: While the mixer was going I placed the butter for the butter sheet in between parchment ...