Skip to main content

Mostly veggie meals

Making:

Mostly veggie bowl with bacon

1 serving prepared 

Here's what I have:
2.5 cups French beans 
2 cups Button mushroom sliced
3 slices Bacon, cooked
3 cloves Garlic 
1/2 cup Shredded carrot 
1 tbsp Onion flakes 
1 tbsp Stock oncentrate
1/2 tsp Bacon butter 

*Not pictured 
Mozzarella cheese 
Broth or water

Preperation:

After heating up the cast iron I dropped in the mushrooms and bacon. These were took together until the bacon was warm and fat beginning to cook off into the pan. Next I added the onion flakes garlic and stock concentrate. These need to be cooked together until the mushrooms are thoroughly cooked, they will shrink slightly and become darker. 

After these were cooked thoroughly I removed them from the pan and put in the 1/2 teaspoon of bacon butter followed by the French beans and shredded carrot. Since the carrots are shredded and the beans cooked quickly this won't take long. I added a bit of broth in this part of the process to pull some of the flavor from the mushroom mixture out for the vegetables. Then I  cooked everything down until the liquid was gone. This part was just as quick as cooking the mushroom/bacon mix.

I decided to add some mozzarella cheese to the bowl at the end.

The bowl!

This was a quick meal, the vegetables could be switched out for any that are quick or easy to cook. Mixed together this would make a great side dish that could be split into two servings.

To turn this into a vegetarian meal you could take out the bacon, cheese and use a vegetable based oil instead.

- Kris



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies.

Making: Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies. 1 serving prepared  Here's what I have: Burger and topping mix: 1 tsp Orange Ginger Spice blend  2 tsp Scallion whites  1/2 tsp Concentrated beef stock  1 tsp Ginger paste  2 tbsp Tamari Gluten-free pretzel crumbs 1 tsp honey  The rest:   5 oz Ground pork  2 tbsp Sesame seed  1/4 cup White onion  1/4 cup Russet potato  1/4 cup Carrot  Scallion greens  Preparation: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. The ingredients for the topping and burger mix were placed in a food processor and blend it until well-mixed. Half will go into the patty and half to the topping. The patty: 1 tbsp of sesame seeds, gf crumbs and half of the mix was added to the ground pork. A patty was formed and set aside.  The potatoes and carrots were drizzled in avocado oil and baked 425 degrees for 25 minutes.  When the vegetables hit the 15-minute Mark of cooking I got a n...

Try it out: Hellofresh 31

Reviewing: Chicken sausage sweet potato and kale soup. 1 serving prepared  Here's what you get: Forgot the cheese! Sweet potato  Kale  Italian chicken sausage mix  Chili flake  Yellow onion  Italian seasoning  Chicken stock concentrate  Parmesan cheese  Not used: Demi baguette  The soup: Per instructions I started by cooking the onion and sausage together until the onions are browned and the sausage was cooked through.  Next the sweet potatoes, stock concentrate and spice packet was added along with 1 in 1/4 cup of vegetable broth. After the soup was done simmering for 7 minutes per instruction I put the kale in and let it cook for an additional seven minutes. Side: Since I can't have the baguette I made some GF cheese crackers to go along with the soup today. The process for that will be posted at a later date. The plate: And flat bread - Kris

Croissant in the making

Making: Sourdough Croissants! Makes 8-12 depending on cut size Here's what I have: Dough 28 G butter  315 g flour plus additional for dusting.  *Today I'm using King Arthur gluten free bread flour 25 G sugar  1 tsp salt  97 G sourdough starter  180 ML whole milk  Butter pad 240 G butter  Allowed to soften at room temp. Egg wash 1 large egg 2 tbsp whole milk Preparation: In total this recipe took 3 days from mixing to lamination process then baking. Day 1  The dry goods were all combined in the mixing bowl and whisked together until incorporated. The bowl is placed on the stand mixer and set to the third setting with the dough hook in. Slowly I added milk and butter in increments. Once all the what ingredients were in the bowl I turned the speed up and let it run scraping down the sides every once in a while until a dough ball formed. Making the butter sheet: While the mixer was going I placed the butter for the butter sheet in between parchment ...