Skip to main content

Try it out: Hellofresh 5

Reviewing: Pork cutlets with a cranberry pan sauce and rosemary roasted root vegetables.

1 serving prepared 

Here's what you get:

Carrots 
Parsnips 
Rosemary 
Red Onion 
Pork cutlets 
Cranberry Jam 
White wine vinegar 
Chicken stock concentrate

Added: 
Garlic
Scallion (not pictured)

The roasted veggies:

This is a two-part process, the total cook time will be about 30 minutes. I had the carrots and parsnips prepared ahead of time I just needed to chop up the Rosemary and onion. 

*The onion requires you to prep two different ways, one for the veggies and one for the pan sauce.

The protein:

This is pretty straightforward since the pork cutlet isnt very large. It just needs to be cooked on a pan for the allotted time, 6 minutes total. The cutlets were set aside after. 

The sauce:

After removing the pork cutlets from your pan you'll start the sauce. As long as you have everything nearby it's pretty easy to put one item in after the other and reduce.  My sauce didn't come out bright red as pictured, it's likely due yo my using cast iron instead of nonstick or stainles ssteel.

Extras:

I have tons of garlic to use so I  added some to the sauce. Some scallions were added to the final plate for a bit of color. And because, scallions.

The plate:


The flavors of this dish work very well together. The cranberry sauce was not too sweet which I appreciated. It's a recipe I'll be remixing later with a different protein and veggies combination.

Bonus:
Homemade comfort food cream cheese cookies with darkchocolate  :)


- Kris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies.

Making: Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies. 1 serving prepared  Here's what I have: Burger and topping mix: 1 tsp Orange Ginger Spice blend  2 tsp Scallion whites  1/2 tsp Concentrated beef stock  1 tsp Ginger paste  2 tbsp Tamari Gluten-free pretzel crumbs 1 tsp honey  The rest:   5 oz Ground pork  2 tbsp Sesame seed  1/4 cup White onion  1/4 cup Russet potato  1/4 cup Carrot  Scallion greens  Preparation: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. The ingredients for the topping and burger mix were placed in a food processor and blend it until well-mixed. Half will go into the patty and half to the topping. The patty: 1 tbsp of sesame seeds, gf crumbs and half of the mix was added to the ground pork. A patty was formed and set aside.  The potatoes and carrots were drizzled in avocado oil and baked 425 degrees for 25 minutes.  When the vegetables hit the 15-minute Mark of cooking I got a n...

Try it out: Hellofresh 31

Reviewing: Chicken sausage sweet potato and kale soup. 1 serving prepared  Here's what you get: Forgot the cheese! Sweet potato  Kale  Italian chicken sausage mix  Chili flake  Yellow onion  Italian seasoning  Chicken stock concentrate  Parmesan cheese  Not used: Demi baguette  The soup: Per instructions I started by cooking the onion and sausage together until the onions are browned and the sausage was cooked through.  Next the sweet potatoes, stock concentrate and spice packet was added along with 1 in 1/4 cup of vegetable broth. After the soup was done simmering for 7 minutes per instruction I put the kale in and let it cook for an additional seven minutes. Side: Since I can't have the baguette I made some GF cheese crackers to go along with the soup today. The process for that will be posted at a later date. The plate: And flat bread - Kris

Croissant in the making

Making: Sourdough Croissants! Makes 8-12 depending on cut size Here's what I have: Dough 28 G butter  315 g flour plus additional for dusting.  *Today I'm using King Arthur gluten free bread flour 25 G sugar  1 tsp salt  97 G sourdough starter  180 ML whole milk  Butter pad 240 G butter  Allowed to soften at room temp. Egg wash 1 large egg 2 tbsp whole milk Preparation: In total this recipe took 3 days from mixing to lamination process then baking. Day 1  The dry goods were all combined in the mixing bowl and whisked together until incorporated. The bowl is placed on the stand mixer and set to the third setting with the dough hook in. Slowly I added milk and butter in increments. Once all the what ingredients were in the bowl I turned the speed up and let it run scraping down the sides every once in a while until a dough ball formed. Making the butter sheet: While the mixer was going I placed the butter for the butter sheet in between parchment ...