Skip to main content

Try it out: Hellofresh 22

Reviewing:

Gouda pork burgers with caramelized Sriracha onion and potato wedges

1 double burger with sides prepared 

Here's what you get:


Yellow onion
Garlic
Yukon Gold potato
Sriracha, gouda cheese
Sour cream
Lime
Potato buns (not pictured/used)
Smoked paprika
Ground pork
Mayonnaise

The potato:

These were cut early in the day and left to soak in water and a bit of baking soda at room temperature. Roasting instructions; 450 degrees for 20-25 mins. 

The protein:


I'm doing a double paddy today so the entire 10 oz of pork was used. During the patty prep I added some sirracha. The burgers were set aside to rest while I prepared the rest of the components. When ready the patties were cooked for 6 minds each side before adding the cheese and coveringfor 3 minutes.

The sauce and onion:

There's a suggestion on the card to add a pinch of baking soda to the onions while cooking so I tried this out. There must be a sweet spot for this because my onions went from browned to mush. Thankfully the entire onion wasn't used so I cut and fried some additional onions in the pan with the patties.

The sauce is fairly straightforward all you do is combine the mayonnaise, sour cream and some lime juice, zest, garlic thrn add salt and pepper to taste.

Extras:

I added a couple sweetie peppers to the plate.

The plate:



I wasn't too excited about this burger for some reason.  It tasted ok but something was definitely missing. Maybe a non-cream based sauce would have worked better.  

- Kris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies.

Making: Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies. 1 serving prepared  Here's what I have: Burger and topping mix: 1 tsp Orange Ginger Spice blend  2 tsp Scallion whites  1/2 tsp Concentrated beef stock  1 tsp Ginger paste  2 tbsp Tamari Gluten-free pretzel crumbs 1 tsp honey  The rest:   5 oz Ground pork  2 tbsp Sesame seed  1/4 cup White onion  1/4 cup Russet potato  1/4 cup Carrot  Scallion greens  Preparation: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. The ingredients for the topping and burger mix were placed in a food processor and blend it until well-mixed. Half will go into the patty and half to the topping. The patty: 1 tbsp of sesame seeds, gf crumbs and half of the mix was added to the ground pork. A patty was formed and set aside.  The potatoes and carrots were drizzled in avocado oil and baked 425 degrees for 25 minutes.  When the vegetables hit the 15-minute Mark of cooking I got a n...

Try it out: Hellofresh 31

Reviewing: Chicken sausage sweet potato and kale soup. 1 serving prepared  Here's what you get: Forgot the cheese! Sweet potato  Kale  Italian chicken sausage mix  Chili flake  Yellow onion  Italian seasoning  Chicken stock concentrate  Parmesan cheese  Not used: Demi baguette  The soup: Per instructions I started by cooking the onion and sausage together until the onions are browned and the sausage was cooked through.  Next the sweet potatoes, stock concentrate and spice packet was added along with 1 in 1/4 cup of vegetable broth. After the soup was done simmering for 7 minutes per instruction I put the kale in and let it cook for an additional seven minutes. Side: Since I can't have the baguette I made some GF cheese crackers to go along with the soup today. The process for that will be posted at a later date. The plate: And flat bread - Kris

Croissant in the making

Making: Sourdough Croissants! Makes 8-12 depending on cut size Here's what I have: Dough 28 G butter  315 g flour plus additional for dusting.  *Today I'm using King Arthur gluten free bread flour 25 G sugar  1 tsp salt  97 G sourdough starter  180 ML whole milk  Butter pad 240 G butter  Allowed to soften at room temp. Egg wash 1 large egg 2 tbsp whole milk Preparation: In total this recipe took 3 days from mixing to lamination process then baking. Day 1  The dry goods were all combined in the mixing bowl and whisked together until incorporated. The bowl is placed on the stand mixer and set to the third setting with the dough hook in. Slowly I added milk and butter in increments. Once all the what ingredients were in the bowl I turned the speed up and let it run scraping down the sides every once in a while until a dough ball formed. Making the butter sheet: While the mixer was going I placed the butter for the butter sheet in between parchment ...