Skip to main content

Try it out: Hellofresh 27

Reviewing:

Creamy chive chicken with lemony rice and Dijon apple salad

1 serving prepared 

Here's what you get:


Apple 
Lemon 
Mustard 
Chicken stock concentrate 
Mixed greens 
Chives 
Chicken cutlet 
Sour cream 
Jasmine rice (not used)

Additions:

Cherry tomato 
Cucumber



The protein:

After seasoning the chicken I cooked at 5 minutes per side (non-stickpan) and then set aside to rest for 3 minutes.

The sauce:

I prepared this before the chicken all it took was adding the stock concentrate, mustard, vegetable stock, lemon juice, sour cream, and chives in a pan and reducing. I did not add any additional salt during this process.

The salad:

I actually received a bigger bag of salad with this kit so I didn't use the rice and went all salad instead, adding some cucumbers and cherry tomatoes.

The salad dressing was made with avocado oil, lemon some of the mustard a little bit of sugar, pepper and chives. No additional salt was added here.

The plate:


This was really good,  flavorful and made a great salad dish. The next time I make it I think I won't heat up the sauce used for the chicken. The salad dressing was absolutely perfect. 

- Kris

Comments