Skip to main content

Try it out (kinda): Hellofresh 20

Reviewing:  

Szechuan pork and green Brean stir fry with peanuts and Jasmine rice

1 serving prepared 

*Here's what you get:


Ground pork 
Green beans
Ginger 
Peanuts 
Szechuan paste (not used)
Jasmine rice 
Scallions 
Sweet soy glaze (not used)

Substitutes:
1 tbsp Honey 
1 tsp Orange and ginger seasoning
2 tbsp Tamari

The rice:

The full bag of rice was prepared because the other half will be used in tomorrow's dinner. This went pretty quick and was a 18-minute cook.

The protein and green beans:

The ground pork was quick to cook and was started during the second half of the rice cooking time so everything was completed around the same time. 

The peanuts were run through a food processor to make cooking easier.  The honey was mixed with some tamari and the orange ginger seasoning before adding to the meat.


The green beans were added during the second half of cooking time with the lid on. Some of the peanuts went in at this point. The rest were saved for the end and added when the Scallion on the plate.

The plate:


This wasn't exactly a Hellofresh meal because of all the changes made. But I needed to omit gluten and didn't have time to make my own Szechuan paste or sweet soy glaze. Still, I think the dish came out great because I already like the orange ginger combination with pork.

- Kris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies.

Making: Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies. 1 serving prepared  Here's what I have: Burger and topping mix: 1 tsp Orange Ginger Spice blend  2 tsp Scallion whites  1/2 tsp Concentrated beef stock  1 tsp Ginger paste  2 tbsp Tamari Gluten-free pretzel crumbs 1 tsp honey  The rest:   5 oz Ground pork  2 tbsp Sesame seed  1/4 cup White onion  1/4 cup Russet potato  1/4 cup Carrot  Scallion greens  Preparation: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. The ingredients for the topping and burger mix were placed in a food processor and blend it until well-mixed. Half will go into the patty and half to the topping. The patty: 1 tbsp of sesame seeds, gf crumbs and half of the mix was added to the ground pork. A patty was formed and set aside.  The potatoes and carrots were drizzled in avocado oil and baked 425 degrees for 25 minutes.  When the vegetables hit the 15-minute Mark of cooking I got a n...

Croissant in the making

Making: Sourdough Croissants! Makes 8-12 depending on cut size Here's what I have: Dough 28 G butter  315 g flour plus additional for dusting.  *Today I'm using King Arthur gluten free bread flour 25 G sugar  1 tsp salt  97 G sourdough starter  180 ML whole milk  Butter pad 240 G butter  Allowed to soften at room temp. Egg wash 1 large egg 2 tbsp whole milk Preparation: In total this recipe took 3 days from mixing to lamination process then baking. Day 1  The dry goods were all combined in the mixing bowl and whisked together until incorporated. The bowl is placed on the stand mixer and set to the third setting with the dough hook in. Slowly I added milk and butter in increments. Once all the what ingredients were in the bowl I turned the speed up and let it run scraping down the sides every once in a while until a dough ball formed. Making the butter sheet: While the mixer was going I placed the butter for the butter sheet in between parchment ...

Try it out: Hellofresh 31

Reviewing: Chicken sausage sweet potato and kale soup. 1 serving prepared  Here's what you get: Forgot the cheese! Sweet potato  Kale  Italian chicken sausage mix  Chili flake  Yellow onion  Italian seasoning  Chicken stock concentrate  Parmesan cheese  Not used: Demi baguette  The soup: Per instructions I started by cooking the onion and sausage together until the onions are browned and the sausage was cooked through.  Next the sweet potatoes, stock concentrate and spice packet was added along with 1 in 1/4 cup of vegetable broth. After the soup was done simmering for 7 minutes per instruction I put the kale in and let it cook for an additional seven minutes. Side: Since I can't have the baguette I made some GF cheese crackers to go along with the soup today. The process for that will be posted at a later date. The plate: And flat bread - Kris