Skip to main content

Try it out: Hellofresh 41

Reviewing:

Shawarma spiced chicken with Persian salad cauliflower rice & creamy dill sauce

2 servings prepared 

Here's what you get:


Chicken cutlet 
Yogurt 
Shawarma spice blend 
Garlic powder 
Persian cucumber 
Roma tomato 
Lemon 
Shallot 
Dill 
Sour cream 

Not used:
Jasmine rice 

Substitute:
Cauliflower 

The salad:

 The ingredients were prepped by: dicing the cucumber, tomato, chopping the fronds of Dill, slicing half the shallot and having the lemon. The veggies and half of the dill were combined with avocado oil and lemon juice. After mixing well they we're finished off with salt and pepper before setting aside.


The protein:

After patting the Chicken dry some avocado oil, garlic powder and shawarma spice were added to half of the yogurt and mixed well. The chicken was then coated in this mixture. 

The chicken was then cooked in a pan for five minutes per side until done and then transfered it to a cutting board to rest.

The cauliflower rice:

To prepare the cauliflower rice the cauliflower with steamed for 12 minutes and then broken up using a potato masher. No additional salt or pepper was used here.

The sauce:

To make the sauce the rest of the sour cream was combined with the lemon zest, dill and yogurt. A little bit of water was added until the sauce reached a drizzling consistency. It was then finished with salt and pepper.

The plate:


The only thing that would have made this dish better would be to grill the chicken instead of cooking it in a pan. The salad was great too, the trade-off of rice for cauliflower would have allowed me to use a bigger piece of chicken if I wanted. Which is exactly what I'll do if I recreate this one sometime. 

- Kris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies.

Making: Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies. 1 serving prepared  Here's what I have: Burger and topping mix: 1 tsp Orange Ginger Spice blend  2 tsp Scallion whites  1/2 tsp Concentrated beef stock  1 tsp Ginger paste  2 tbsp Tamari Gluten-free pretzel crumbs 1 tsp honey  The rest:   5 oz Ground pork  2 tbsp Sesame seed  1/4 cup White onion  1/4 cup Russet potato  1/4 cup Carrot  Scallion greens  Preparation: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. The ingredients for the topping and burger mix were placed in a food processor and blend it until well-mixed. Half will go into the patty and half to the topping. The patty: 1 tbsp of sesame seeds, gf crumbs and half of the mix was added to the ground pork. A patty was formed and set aside.  The potatoes and carrots were drizzled in avocado oil and baked 425 degrees for 25 minutes.  When the vegetables hit the 15-minute Mark of cooking I got a n...

Try it out: Hellofresh 31

Reviewing: Chicken sausage sweet potato and kale soup. 1 serving prepared  Here's what you get: Forgot the cheese! Sweet potato  Kale  Italian chicken sausage mix  Chili flake  Yellow onion  Italian seasoning  Chicken stock concentrate  Parmesan cheese  Not used: Demi baguette  The soup: Per instructions I started by cooking the onion and sausage together until the onions are browned and the sausage was cooked through.  Next the sweet potatoes, stock concentrate and spice packet was added along with 1 in 1/4 cup of vegetable broth. After the soup was done simmering for 7 minutes per instruction I put the kale in and let it cook for an additional seven minutes. Side: Since I can't have the baguette I made some GF cheese crackers to go along with the soup today. The process for that will be posted at a later date. The plate: And flat bread - Kris

Croissant in the making

Making: Sourdough Croissants! Makes 8-12 depending on cut size Here's what I have: Dough 28 G butter  315 g flour plus additional for dusting.  *Today I'm using King Arthur gluten free bread flour 25 G sugar  1 tsp salt  97 G sourdough starter  180 ML whole milk  Butter pad 240 G butter  Allowed to soften at room temp. Egg wash 1 large egg 2 tbsp whole milk Preparation: In total this recipe took 3 days from mixing to lamination process then baking. Day 1  The dry goods were all combined in the mixing bowl and whisked together until incorporated. The bowl is placed on the stand mixer and set to the third setting with the dough hook in. Slowly I added milk and butter in increments. Once all the what ingredients were in the bowl I turned the speed up and let it run scraping down the sides every once in a while until a dough ball formed. Making the butter sheet: While the mixer was going I placed the butter for the butter sheet in between parchment ...