Skip to main content

Try it out: Hellofresh 46

Reviewing:

Lemon chive chicken with roasted carrots and potatoes 

1 serving prepared 

Here's what you get:


Chicken cutlet 
Chicken stock concentrate 
Chives
Flour mix  (not used)
Garlic 
Lemon 
Sour cream 
Yukon Gold potato 
Tuscan heat spice

Substitute:
Rice flour 

*To save time and avoid extra dishes this meal was prepared differently from the card instructions.  

The veggies:

After preheating the oven to 425 degrees I tossed the vegetables and avocado oil a little bit of salt, pepper, lemon zest and a tiny splash of lemon juice.

These went into the oven for 30 minutes.

The protein:

After coating the chicken in the rice flour and Tuscan spice mix they were placed in a pan and cooked for five minutes per side and then set aside while the sauce was being prepared.

The sauce:

I changed up the sauce a bit since the sour cream was not being used for mashed potatoes. In the pan used for the chicken I combined a little bit of the Tuscan spice season, garlic, half of the chives, the rest of the lemon juice and zest, a pat of butter and 1/4 cup of vegetable broth. The mixture was cooked until thickened.

To finish off the dish once everything was plated and the sauce poured onto the chicken the rest of the chives were sprinkled all over the plate.

The plate:


The carrots and potatoes didn't crisp up like usual but they were still well cooked and tasted really good. This may have happened because I cooked this meal right out of the box so everything was still cold.

The combination of the chicken with the sauce was excellent.  Because of the lemony flavor extra salt was not needed. This one is a definite make it again meal. 

- Kris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies.

Making: Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies. 1 serving prepared  Here's what I have: Burger and topping mix: 1 tsp Orange Ginger Spice blend  2 tsp Scallion whites  1/2 tsp Concentrated beef stock  1 tsp Ginger paste  2 tbsp Tamari Gluten-free pretzel crumbs 1 tsp honey  The rest:   5 oz Ground pork  2 tbsp Sesame seed  1/4 cup White onion  1/4 cup Russet potato  1/4 cup Carrot  Scallion greens  Preparation: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. The ingredients for the topping and burger mix were placed in a food processor and blend it until well-mixed. Half will go into the patty and half to the topping. The patty: 1 tbsp of sesame seeds, gf crumbs and half of the mix was added to the ground pork. A patty was formed and set aside.  The potatoes and carrots were drizzled in avocado oil and baked 425 degrees for 25 minutes.  When the vegetables hit the 15-minute Mark of cooking I got a n...

Try it out: Hellofresh 31

Reviewing: Chicken sausage sweet potato and kale soup. 1 serving prepared  Here's what you get: Forgot the cheese! Sweet potato  Kale  Italian chicken sausage mix  Chili flake  Yellow onion  Italian seasoning  Chicken stock concentrate  Parmesan cheese  Not used: Demi baguette  The soup: Per instructions I started by cooking the onion and sausage together until the onions are browned and the sausage was cooked through.  Next the sweet potatoes, stock concentrate and spice packet was added along with 1 in 1/4 cup of vegetable broth. After the soup was done simmering for 7 minutes per instruction I put the kale in and let it cook for an additional seven minutes. Side: Since I can't have the baguette I made some GF cheese crackers to go along with the soup today. The process for that will be posted at a later date. The plate: And flat bread - Kris

Croissant in the making

Making: Sourdough Croissants! Makes 8-12 depending on cut size Here's what I have: Dough 28 G butter  315 g flour plus additional for dusting.  *Today I'm using King Arthur gluten free bread flour 25 G sugar  1 tsp salt  97 G sourdough starter  180 ML whole milk  Butter pad 240 G butter  Allowed to soften at room temp. Egg wash 1 large egg 2 tbsp whole milk Preparation: In total this recipe took 3 days from mixing to lamination process then baking. Day 1  The dry goods were all combined in the mixing bowl and whisked together until incorporated. The bowl is placed on the stand mixer and set to the third setting with the dough hook in. Slowly I added milk and butter in increments. Once all the what ingredients were in the bowl I turned the speed up and let it run scraping down the sides every once in a while until a dough ball formed. Making the butter sheet: While the mixer was going I placed the butter for the butter sheet in between parchment ...