Skip to main content

Try it out: Hellofresh 48

Reviewing:

 caramelized pineapple chicken tacos with Smokey red pepper Crema 

1 serving prepared 

Here's what you get:


Long green pepper 
Red Onion 
Roma tomato 
Cilantro (not used)
Lime 
Pineapple (not used)
Chicken breast strip 
Southwest spice blend 
Flour tortilla (not pictured/used)
Smokey red pepper Crema 

Substitutes:
Corn tortilla
Fresh pineapple 

The salsa:

The Cilantro in my box was unusable so that part will be missing from the recipe.

The fesh pineapple was charred in a pan for about 4 minutes per the directions and then removed from the pan.

In a separate bowl the pineapple,  tomato, minced onion, lime juice were combined with salt and pepper mixed well and set to the side.

Preparation:

In the same pan the green pepper sliced onion we're cooked in and then flavored with a bit of lime juice, they were then transferred to a plate.

Next into the same pan was the chicken strips they were cooked with the Southwest spice, salt, pepper and lime juice for about 8 minutes.


The tortilla:

The tortilla were toasted in the oven at 350 for about 10 minutes towards the end of preparation of the taco filling.

The plate:



 I had plenty of salsa and cooked pepper and onion leftover. The salsa was definitely missing something with the absence of the cilantro. I should have charred three pineapple longer as well.  Despite all of that, the tacos were still really good. Out of the two taco recipes I've tried so far I like this one the best.

- Kris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies.

Making: Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies. 1 serving prepared  Here's what I have: Burger and topping mix: 1 tsp Orange Ginger Spice blend  2 tsp Scallion whites  1/2 tsp Concentrated beef stock  1 tsp Ginger paste  2 tbsp Tamari Gluten-free pretzel crumbs 1 tsp honey  The rest:   5 oz Ground pork  2 tbsp Sesame seed  1/4 cup White onion  1/4 cup Russet potato  1/4 cup Carrot  Scallion greens  Preparation: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. The ingredients for the topping and burger mix were placed in a food processor and blend it until well-mixed. Half will go into the patty and half to the topping. The patty: 1 tbsp of sesame seeds, gf crumbs and half of the mix was added to the ground pork. A patty was formed and set aside.  The potatoes and carrots were drizzled in avocado oil and baked 425 degrees for 25 minutes.  When the vegetables hit the 15-minute Mark of cooking I got a n...

Try it out: Hellofresh 31

Reviewing: Chicken sausage sweet potato and kale soup. 1 serving prepared  Here's what you get: Forgot the cheese! Sweet potato  Kale  Italian chicken sausage mix  Chili flake  Yellow onion  Italian seasoning  Chicken stock concentrate  Parmesan cheese  Not used: Demi baguette  The soup: Per instructions I started by cooking the onion and sausage together until the onions are browned and the sausage was cooked through.  Next the sweet potatoes, stock concentrate and spice packet was added along with 1 in 1/4 cup of vegetable broth. After the soup was done simmering for 7 minutes per instruction I put the kale in and let it cook for an additional seven minutes. Side: Since I can't have the baguette I made some GF cheese crackers to go along with the soup today. The process for that will be posted at a later date. The plate: And flat bread - Kris

Croissant in the making

Making: Sourdough Croissants! Makes 8-12 depending on cut size Here's what I have: Dough 28 G butter  315 g flour plus additional for dusting.  *Today I'm using King Arthur gluten free bread flour 25 G sugar  1 tsp salt  97 G sourdough starter  180 ML whole milk  Butter pad 240 G butter  Allowed to soften at room temp. Egg wash 1 large egg 2 tbsp whole milk Preparation: In total this recipe took 3 days from mixing to lamination process then baking. Day 1  The dry goods were all combined in the mixing bowl and whisked together until incorporated. The bowl is placed on the stand mixer and set to the third setting with the dough hook in. Slowly I added milk and butter in increments. Once all the what ingredients were in the bowl I turned the speed up and let it run scraping down the sides every once in a while until a dough ball formed. Making the butter sheet: While the mixer was going I placed the butter for the butter sheet in between parchment ...