Skip to main content

Try it out: Hellofresh 49

Reviewing:

Chicken cutlets with a spiced Walnut crust plus green bean potato wedges & creamy mustard sauce

2 servings prepared 

Here's what you get:


Walnut
Yukon Gold potatoes 
Smoky cinnamon paprika spice blend
Panko bread crumb 
Whole grain mustard 
Mayonnaise 
Sour cream 
Chicken cutlet 
Green bean 

Substitute:
Gluten-free breadcrumb

The potatoes:

The oven was preheated to 425.

The potatoes were coated in a small drizzle of oil and half of the cinnamon paprika spice. salt and pepper. These were placed on a baking sheet and placed in the oven. The overall timer was set for 30 minutes but after 10 minutes the chicken will go into the oven on the same pan.

The sauce:

To make the sauce the mustard, mayonnaise, sour cream we're combined with a bit of salt and pepper.

The protein:

To make the crumb coating the walnuts, gluten-free breadcrumb, cinnamon paprika spice, pepper and a pinch of salt were combined.

A small dollop of the sauce was coated over the chicken cutlets and the crumb coating was placed on top of that. They were then placed in the oven and cooked for 20 minutes.

The greenbeans:

First the end of the oven timer the green beans for steamed for about 8 minutes once they were done they were rolled and a little bit of butter.

The plate:

The crumb coating on this one came out a little burnt unfortunately but it was okay otherwise. I did like the cinnamon paprika blend it might be one of my favorite paprika blend so far.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies.

Making: Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies. 1 serving prepared  Here's what I have: Burger and topping mix: 1 tsp Orange Ginger Spice blend  2 tsp Scallion whites  1/2 tsp Concentrated beef stock  1 tsp Ginger paste  2 tbsp Tamari Gluten-free pretzel crumbs 1 tsp honey  The rest:   5 oz Ground pork  2 tbsp Sesame seed  1/4 cup White onion  1/4 cup Russet potato  1/4 cup Carrot  Scallion greens  Preparation: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. The ingredients for the topping and burger mix were placed in a food processor and blend it until well-mixed. Half will go into the patty and half to the topping. The patty: 1 tbsp of sesame seeds, gf crumbs and half of the mix was added to the ground pork. A patty was formed and set aside.  The potatoes and carrots were drizzled in avocado oil and baked 425 degrees for 25 minutes.  When the vegetables hit the 15-minute Mark of cooking I got a n...

Try it out: Hellofresh 31

Reviewing: Chicken sausage sweet potato and kale soup. 1 serving prepared  Here's what you get: Forgot the cheese! Sweet potato  Kale  Italian chicken sausage mix  Chili flake  Yellow onion  Italian seasoning  Chicken stock concentrate  Parmesan cheese  Not used: Demi baguette  The soup: Per instructions I started by cooking the onion and sausage together until the onions are browned and the sausage was cooked through.  Next the sweet potatoes, stock concentrate and spice packet was added along with 1 in 1/4 cup of vegetable broth. After the soup was done simmering for 7 minutes per instruction I put the kale in and let it cook for an additional seven minutes. Side: Since I can't have the baguette I made some GF cheese crackers to go along with the soup today. The process for that will be posted at a later date. The plate: And flat bread - Kris

Croissant in the making

Making: Sourdough Croissants! Makes 8-12 depending on cut size Here's what I have: Dough 28 G butter  315 g flour plus additional for dusting.  *Today I'm using King Arthur gluten free bread flour 25 G sugar  1 tsp salt  97 G sourdough starter  180 ML whole milk  Butter pad 240 G butter  Allowed to soften at room temp. Egg wash 1 large egg 2 tbsp whole milk Preparation: In total this recipe took 3 days from mixing to lamination process then baking. Day 1  The dry goods were all combined in the mixing bowl and whisked together until incorporated. The bowl is placed on the stand mixer and set to the third setting with the dough hook in. Slowly I added milk and butter in increments. Once all the what ingredients were in the bowl I turned the speed up and let it run scraping down the sides every once in a while until a dough ball formed. Making the butter sheet: While the mixer was going I placed the butter for the butter sheet in between parchment ...