Skip to main content

Try it out: Hellofresh 54

Reviewing:

Chicken ramen in a Shoyu-style broth with mushrooms chili garlic oil and crispy onion

1 serving prepared 

Here's what you get:



Garlic cloves
Scallion
Ginger
Button mushroom
Sesame seed
Sesame oil
Chili flake
Ramen noodle (not used)
Pork Ramen stock concentrate
Chicken stock concentrate
Soy sauce (not used)
Chicken cutlet
Spinach
Crispy fried onion (not used)

Substitutes:
Rice noodles 
Oven baked onion 
Tamari sauce (not pictured)



The broth:

To make the broth the scallion whites, ginger and garlic or cooked in a little bit of oil. Next 2 cups of vegetable broth were added along with the stock concentrate, and tamari sauce. This was left to simmer while the rest of the food was cooking.


The Onion and garlic oil:

To make the garlic oil the sesame seeds,  half of the garlic, sesame oil, salt  chili flake and a little bit of avocado oil were combined. This was heated until fragrant and set to the side.

To replace the crispy onion I made some of my own by coating onions in gluten-free breadcrumb and brown rice flour before baking. Recipe here

The protein:

The chicken was lightly salted before cooking in a pan for about 5 minutes per side once it was done it was coated in sesame oil.

The mushrooms and spinach:

After the chicken was set aside the mushrooms were added to the pan along with a little bit of the raw and cooked until completely soft.

After removing the mushrooms from the pan the spinach was then added along with broth again and cooked until wilted.

The noodles:

Since I'm substituting with rice noodles these were prepared neear the end by heating a pot of water and letting the noodles sitting then for about 10 minutes. After draining they were coated in some Sesame oil. 


The bowl:



- Kris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies.

Making: Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies. 1 serving prepared  Here's what I have: Burger and topping mix: 1 tsp Orange Ginger Spice blend  2 tsp Scallion whites  1/2 tsp Concentrated beef stock  1 tsp Ginger paste  2 tbsp Tamari Gluten-free pretzel crumbs 1 tsp honey  The rest:   5 oz Ground pork  2 tbsp Sesame seed  1/4 cup White onion  1/4 cup Russet potato  1/4 cup Carrot  Scallion greens  Preparation: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. The ingredients for the topping and burger mix were placed in a food processor and blend it until well-mixed. Half will go into the patty and half to the topping. The patty: 1 tbsp of sesame seeds, gf crumbs and half of the mix was added to the ground pork. A patty was formed and set aside.  The potatoes and carrots were drizzled in avocado oil and baked 425 degrees for 25 minutes.  When the vegetables hit the 15-minute Mark of cooking I got a n...

Try it out: Hellofresh 31

Reviewing: Chicken sausage sweet potato and kale soup. 1 serving prepared  Here's what you get: Forgot the cheese! Sweet potato  Kale  Italian chicken sausage mix  Chili flake  Yellow onion  Italian seasoning  Chicken stock concentrate  Parmesan cheese  Not used: Demi baguette  The soup: Per instructions I started by cooking the onion and sausage together until the onions are browned and the sausage was cooked through.  Next the sweet potatoes, stock concentrate and spice packet was added along with 1 in 1/4 cup of vegetable broth. After the soup was done simmering for 7 minutes per instruction I put the kale in and let it cook for an additional seven minutes. Side: Since I can't have the baguette I made some GF cheese crackers to go along with the soup today. The process for that will be posted at a later date. The plate: And flat bread - Kris

Croissant in the making

Making: Sourdough Croissants! Makes 8-12 depending on cut size Here's what I have: Dough 28 G butter  315 g flour plus additional for dusting.  *Today I'm using King Arthur gluten free bread flour 25 G sugar  1 tsp salt  97 G sourdough starter  180 ML whole milk  Butter pad 240 G butter  Allowed to soften at room temp. Egg wash 1 large egg 2 tbsp whole milk Preparation: In total this recipe took 3 days from mixing to lamination process then baking. Day 1  The dry goods were all combined in the mixing bowl and whisked together until incorporated. The bowl is placed on the stand mixer and set to the third setting with the dough hook in. Slowly I added milk and butter in increments. Once all the what ingredients were in the bowl I turned the speed up and let it run scraping down the sides every once in a while until a dough ball formed. Making the butter sheet: While the mixer was going I placed the butter for the butter sheet in between parchment ...