Skip to main content

Try it out: Hellofresh 61

Making:

Mushroom and herb Sheppard's pie

2 servings prepared 

Here's what you get:

Yukon Gold potato 
Sour cream 
White cheddar cheese 
Button mushroom 
Carrot 
Yellow onion 
Thyme 
Garlic powder 
Tomato paste 
Mushrooms stock concentrate 
Flour (not used)

Substitutes:
Gluten free one-to-one flour
Green beans 


The potatoes:

The potatoes were boiled in a pot for about 20 minutes while the filling was being prepared. To finish the potatoes they were mashed up before adding the sour cream and half the cheddar cheese 1 tbsp of butter was also added here. The potatoes were seasoned with salt and pepper then whipped until mostly smooth.

The filling:

After chopping up vegetables into bite-size pieces they were cooked in a pan starting with the mushrooms later adding the greenbeans, carrots and onion.  Once these were around the time, garlic powder, and flour we're added. Next in was the tomato paste, everything was mixed together until well Incorporated. Next three quarters cup vegetable stock was added along with the stock concentrate. This was cooked on a low simmer until thickened.

Put it together:

The broiler was started in the mashed potatoes were added to the top of the filling then coated with the rest of the cheese. The dish was added to the oven. The pie was broiled for about 5 minutes and then was allowed to rest for five minutes before serving.


The plate:



- Kris

Comments

  1. Definitely need to try making this, we got a bunch of potatoes from the garden that I've been trying to figure out what to do with.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies.

Making: Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies. 1 serving prepared  Here's what I have: Burger and topping mix: 1 tsp Orange Ginger Spice blend  2 tsp Scallion whites  1/2 tsp Concentrated beef stock  1 tsp Ginger paste  2 tbsp Tamari Gluten-free pretzel crumbs 1 tsp honey  The rest:   5 oz Ground pork  2 tbsp Sesame seed  1/4 cup White onion  1/4 cup Russet potato  1/4 cup Carrot  Scallion greens  Preparation: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. The ingredients for the topping and burger mix were placed in a food processor and blend it until well-mixed. Half will go into the patty and half to the topping. The patty: 1 tbsp of sesame seeds, gf crumbs and half of the mix was added to the ground pork. A patty was formed and set aside.  The potatoes and carrots were drizzled in avocado oil and baked 425 degrees for 25 minutes.  When the vegetables hit the 15-minute Mark of cooking I got a n...

Try it out: Hellofresh 31

Reviewing: Chicken sausage sweet potato and kale soup. 1 serving prepared  Here's what you get: Forgot the cheese! Sweet potato  Kale  Italian chicken sausage mix  Chili flake  Yellow onion  Italian seasoning  Chicken stock concentrate  Parmesan cheese  Not used: Demi baguette  The soup: Per instructions I started by cooking the onion and sausage together until the onions are browned and the sausage was cooked through.  Next the sweet potatoes, stock concentrate and spice packet was added along with 1 in 1/4 cup of vegetable broth. After the soup was done simmering for 7 minutes per instruction I put the kale in and let it cook for an additional seven minutes. Side: Since I can't have the baguette I made some GF cheese crackers to go along with the soup today. The process for that will be posted at a later date. The plate: And flat bread - Kris

Croissant in the making

Making: Sourdough Croissants! Makes 8-12 depending on cut size Here's what I have: Dough 28 G butter  315 g flour plus additional for dusting.  *Today I'm using King Arthur gluten free bread flour 25 G sugar  1 tsp salt  97 G sourdough starter  180 ML whole milk  Butter pad 240 G butter  Allowed to soften at room temp. Egg wash 1 large egg 2 tbsp whole milk Preparation: In total this recipe took 3 days from mixing to lamination process then baking. Day 1  The dry goods were all combined in the mixing bowl and whisked together until incorporated. The bowl is placed on the stand mixer and set to the third setting with the dough hook in. Slowly I added milk and butter in increments. Once all the what ingredients were in the bowl I turned the speed up and let it run scraping down the sides every once in a while until a dough ball formed. Making the butter sheet: While the mixer was going I placed the butter for the butter sheet in between parchment ...