Skip to main content

Steak and veggies with Rosemary sauce

Making:

Steak and veggies with Rosemary sauce 

Here's what I have:

14.8 oz steak 
1.7 Oz scallion 
1 oz Rosemary 
14.1 Oz artichoke 
2 oz Sweetie peppers 
8.8 oz tomato 
1/4 tsp BTB Rroasted garlic base 
2 tbsp bacon butter
1 oz red wine vinegar 
1 tsp Roasted garlic stock concentrate 
1 tbsp Chicken stock concentrate 
2 oz Scallions 

Steak seasoning 1:1 1/4 tsp each
smoked bacon sea salt 
onion powder 
garlic powder 
black pepper 

6 Chēbē roll dough 
4 tbsp artichoke dip

Preparation:

The oven was preheated to 375 degrees. Once ready the rolls were placed into the oven and a timer was set for 25 minutes.  Once the rolls were done they were allowed to rest for a little bit before cutting them open and adding the artichoke dip to the middle.

The vegetables were prepared by draining the artichoke and combining them with the whole tomatoes and sweety drop Peppers. The Roasted Garlic concentrate with added and these were mixed around until everything was coated. This was then added to a pan and would be placed into the oven with the bread rolls 15 minutes before the bread roll timer stopped.

The steak was coded in the spice mix. In a non-stick pan they were cooked for about 5 minutes per side and then set to the side to rest while the sauce with being prepared.

To make the sauce bacon butter was added to the non-stick pan that the steak was cooked in and the shallots were cooked until I started to go clear. Next into the pan was the mushroom stock concentrate and one teaspoon of sugar. One quarter cup of water and the vinegar we're at it next and the sauce was cooked down to a syrupy consistency.

The plate!



- Kris 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies.

Making: Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies. 1 serving prepared  Here's what I have: Burger and topping mix: 1 tsp Orange Ginger Spice blend  2 tsp Scallion whites  1/2 tsp Concentrated beef stock  1 tsp Ginger paste  2 tbsp Tamari Gluten-free pretzel crumbs 1 tsp honey  The rest:   5 oz Ground pork  2 tbsp Sesame seed  1/4 cup White onion  1/4 cup Russet potato  1/4 cup Carrot  Scallion greens  Preparation: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. The ingredients for the topping and burger mix were placed in a food processor and blend it until well-mixed. Half will go into the patty and half to the topping. The patty: 1 tbsp of sesame seeds, gf crumbs and half of the mix was added to the ground pork. A patty was formed and set aside.  The potatoes and carrots were drizzled in avocado oil and baked 425 degrees for 25 minutes.  When the vegetables hit the 15-minute Mark of cooking I got a n...

Try it out: Hellofresh 31

Reviewing: Chicken sausage sweet potato and kale soup. 1 serving prepared  Here's what you get: Forgot the cheese! Sweet potato  Kale  Italian chicken sausage mix  Chili flake  Yellow onion  Italian seasoning  Chicken stock concentrate  Parmesan cheese  Not used: Demi baguette  The soup: Per instructions I started by cooking the onion and sausage together until the onions are browned and the sausage was cooked through.  Next the sweet potatoes, stock concentrate and spice packet was added along with 1 in 1/4 cup of vegetable broth. After the soup was done simmering for 7 minutes per instruction I put the kale in and let it cook for an additional seven minutes. Side: Since I can't have the baguette I made some GF cheese crackers to go along with the soup today. The process for that will be posted at a later date. The plate: And flat bread - Kris

Croissant in the making

Making: Sourdough Croissants! Makes 8-12 depending on cut size Here's what I have: Dough 28 G butter  315 g flour plus additional for dusting.  *Today I'm using King Arthur gluten free bread flour 25 G sugar  1 tsp salt  97 G sourdough starter  180 ML whole milk  Butter pad 240 G butter  Allowed to soften at room temp. Egg wash 1 large egg 2 tbsp whole milk Preparation: In total this recipe took 3 days from mixing to lamination process then baking. Day 1  The dry goods were all combined in the mixing bowl and whisked together until incorporated. The bowl is placed on the stand mixer and set to the third setting with the dough hook in. Slowly I added milk and butter in increments. Once all the what ingredients were in the bowl I turned the speed up and let it run scraping down the sides every once in a while until a dough ball formed. Making the butter sheet: While the mixer was going I placed the butter for the butter sheet in between parchment ...