Skip to main content

Thanksgiving meatmas: Meat stuffed with meat wrapped in meat.

Making:

Sausage stuffed chicken wrapped in cherry wood smoked bacon with a cherry shallot sauce

6 servings prepared 

Here's what I have:

26.4 oz of chicken breast 
16 oz Italian sausage 
9 strips Cherrywood thick-cut bacon

The sauce:
1 oz red wine vinegar 
2 tablespoons Cherry preserves 
1 teaspoon butter
4 oz shallot
1/4 cup vegetable broth 


Preparation:

The sausage was split into three equal parts and rolled into a long shape. These were then set to the side. Next the chicken was flattened with a meat tenderizing mallet until it was spread out enough to place the sausage inside and wrap the chicken around it. These were secured with toothpicks and then three strips of bacon or used to wrap around the chicken. Any Loose Ends of bacon were secure to the chicken with toothpicks as well. 


The oven was preheated to 375°, total bake time was 75 minutes.

To make the sauce a bit of butter was melted in a sauce pan.  The shallots were added and cooked until soft. Next vegetable broth was added along with the cherry preserves. This was allowed to cook until boiling, the vinegar was added and the heat turned down.  The sauce was then allowed to cook until reduced.

The plate!


One chicken is enough for two servings. 

- Kris 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies.

Making: Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies. 1 serving prepared  Here's what I have: Burger and topping mix: 1 tsp Orange Ginger Spice blend  2 tsp Scallion whites  1/2 tsp Concentrated beef stock  1 tsp Ginger paste  2 tbsp Tamari Gluten-free pretzel crumbs 1 tsp honey  The rest:   5 oz Ground pork  2 tbsp Sesame seed  1/4 cup White onion  1/4 cup Russet potato  1/4 cup Carrot  Scallion greens  Preparation: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. The ingredients for the topping and burger mix were placed in a food processor and blend it until well-mixed. Half will go into the patty and half to the topping. The patty: 1 tbsp of sesame seeds, gf crumbs and half of the mix was added to the ground pork. A patty was formed and set aside.  The potatoes and carrots were drizzled in avocado oil and baked 425 degrees for 25 minutes.  When the vegetables hit the 15-minute Mark of cooking I got a n...

Try it out: Hellofresh 31

Reviewing: Chicken sausage sweet potato and kale soup. 1 serving prepared  Here's what you get: Forgot the cheese! Sweet potato  Kale  Italian chicken sausage mix  Chili flake  Yellow onion  Italian seasoning  Chicken stock concentrate  Parmesan cheese  Not used: Demi baguette  The soup: Per instructions I started by cooking the onion and sausage together until the onions are browned and the sausage was cooked through.  Next the sweet potatoes, stock concentrate and spice packet was added along with 1 in 1/4 cup of vegetable broth. After the soup was done simmering for 7 minutes per instruction I put the kale in and let it cook for an additional seven minutes. Side: Since I can't have the baguette I made some GF cheese crackers to go along with the soup today. The process for that will be posted at a later date. The plate: And flat bread - Kris

Croissant in the making

Making: Sourdough Croissants! Makes 8-12 depending on cut size Here's what I have: Dough 28 G butter  315 g flour plus additional for dusting.  *Today I'm using King Arthur gluten free bread flour 25 G sugar  1 tsp salt  97 G sourdough starter  180 ML whole milk  Butter pad 240 G butter  Allowed to soften at room temp. Egg wash 1 large egg 2 tbsp whole milk Preparation: In total this recipe took 3 days from mixing to lamination process then baking. Day 1  The dry goods were all combined in the mixing bowl and whisked together until incorporated. The bowl is placed on the stand mixer and set to the third setting with the dough hook in. Slowly I added milk and butter in increments. Once all the what ingredients were in the bowl I turned the speed up and let it run scraping down the sides every once in a while until a dough ball formed. Making the butter sheet: While the mixer was going I placed the butter for the butter sheet in between parchment ...