Skip to main content

Fried dumplings

Making:

Fried dumplings, with sweet and savory cream cheese filling 

The dough is made from a recipe that can be found on this channel. The wrapper preparation is featured at the 3:20 mark. 

12 fried dumplings 

Here's what I have:

The wrapper:

125g brown rice flour 
125g tapioca flour 
152g gluten-free mix 
4 gram xanthan gum 
255 grams hot water

The filling:

6 oz cream cheese 
4 oz shredded carrot 
1 full scallion chopped
1 tsp soy sauce 
1/2 tsp fish sauce 
1 pinch salt
1 tsp sugar 
1 tsp ground ginger 

Other:

1.5 cup coconut oil. 

Preparation:

The ingredients for the filling were run through a food processor until well Incorporated and set in the fridge for an hour.

The Dumpling dough was created by mixing all the dry ingredients first and then adding the  hot water until a dough ball formed. A quarter of the dumpling dough was placed in the fridge overnight. That dough was used here. The dough was flattened and cut with a round cookie cutter.  This made the process much neater, 12 rounds were created.

Once the filling was set enough to scoop into small half teaspoon sized portions. I ended up with way too much feelings do not all of it was used here. The half teaspoon dollops of filling replaced in the middle of the do rounds. Water was applied to the edges and the do rounds were sealed off into half Moons.  Once all of the ground were filled the dumplings were placed into the refrigerator to rest.

While the dumplings were resting in the refrigerator I began to heat up the coconut oil in a pan. A splatter guard would be used here as well. Once the oil was up to 350° it was ready for the dumplings. The dumplings were separated into  two batches making sure to hold the splatter guard close enough to the pan the dumplings were dropped in and allowed to cook for about 2 minutes each batch (flip after 1 minute) until they were golden brown. 


The plate!


 The outside had a nice crispy texture and the inside was chewy. A few of them did end up improperly sealed so the filling oozed out.  I also didn't add enough seasoning to The Dumpling filling so they weren't as flavorful as I would have liked.


The dough works really well for frying. I had previously steamed a separate meal of dumplings of the same dough. The salad paired with the fried dumplings was leftovers from the steamed dumplings post.


- Kris 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies.

Making: Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies. 1 serving prepared  Here's what I have: Burger and topping mix: 1 tsp Orange Ginger Spice blend  2 tsp Scallion whites  1/2 tsp Concentrated beef stock  1 tsp Ginger paste  2 tbsp Tamari Gluten-free pretzel crumbs 1 tsp honey  The rest:   5 oz Ground pork  2 tbsp Sesame seed  1/4 cup White onion  1/4 cup Russet potato  1/4 cup Carrot  Scallion greens  Preparation: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. The ingredients for the topping and burger mix were placed in a food processor and blend it until well-mixed. Half will go into the patty and half to the topping. The patty: 1 tbsp of sesame seeds, gf crumbs and half of the mix was added to the ground pork. A patty was formed and set aside.  The potatoes and carrots were drizzled in avocado oil and baked 425 degrees for 25 minutes.  When the vegetables hit the 15-minute Mark of cooking I got a n...

Try it out: Hellofresh 31

Reviewing: Chicken sausage sweet potato and kale soup. 1 serving prepared  Here's what you get: Forgot the cheese! Sweet potato  Kale  Italian chicken sausage mix  Chili flake  Yellow onion  Italian seasoning  Chicken stock concentrate  Parmesan cheese  Not used: Demi baguette  The soup: Per instructions I started by cooking the onion and sausage together until the onions are browned and the sausage was cooked through.  Next the sweet potatoes, stock concentrate and spice packet was added along with 1 in 1/4 cup of vegetable broth. After the soup was done simmering for 7 minutes per instruction I put the kale in and let it cook for an additional seven minutes. Side: Since I can't have the baguette I made some GF cheese crackers to go along with the soup today. The process for that will be posted at a later date. The plate: And flat bread - Kris

Croissant in the making

Making: Sourdough Croissants! Makes 8-12 depending on cut size Here's what I have: Dough 28 G butter  315 g flour plus additional for dusting.  *Today I'm using King Arthur gluten free bread flour 25 G sugar  1 tsp salt  97 G sourdough starter  180 ML whole milk  Butter pad 240 G butter  Allowed to soften at room temp. Egg wash 1 large egg 2 tbsp whole milk Preparation: In total this recipe took 3 days from mixing to lamination process then baking. Day 1  The dry goods were all combined in the mixing bowl and whisked together until incorporated. The bowl is placed on the stand mixer and set to the third setting with the dough hook in. Slowly I added milk and butter in increments. Once all the what ingredients were in the bowl I turned the speed up and let it run scraping down the sides every once in a while until a dough ball formed. Making the butter sheet: While the mixer was going I placed the butter for the butter sheet in between parchment ...