Skip to main content

Pork chops and Asian pear shiitake mushrooms, carrot, and brussel sprouts

Making:

Pork chops and Asian pear shiitake mushrooms, carrot, and brussel sprouts!

1 serving prepared 

Here's what I have:

3 oz Shitake mushrooms 
3.3 oz Scallion white 
5.7 oz Brussel sprout 
8.5 oz Carrot [pre boiled]
5.8 oz Pork chops - thin cut
7.4 oz Asian pear puree with garlic/ginger 
0.2 oz Tamari 
0.3 oz Yondu 
0.3 oz Butter 
Salt/Pepper



Preparation:

The Asian pear puree is leftover from making kimchi over the weekend. I set aside the unused portion of the puree without the added red pepper flakes.  The carrots are also leftovers from food prep for the same batch of kimchi. These were boiled a day prior.

Two different pans were used for this meal. A non-stick pot and basket for steaming the vegetables and finishing the sauce. And a cast iron skillet for cooking the pork chops.

I got a pot of water boiling to start and once that was to the boiling point I got the cast iron on the stove to preheat. The brussel sprouts are placed in the basket and submerged in the pot of water. This was left to boil for 12 minutes. The carrots would be added after that and everything was allowed to cook for 4 more minutes just to warm them up. After that the vegetables were removed from the water and set aside.

While the vegetables were boiling the pork chops were cooked on medium-high heat for 2 minutes per side. Because the chops were so thin and I'm using a cast iron pan so they didn't need extended direct heat.  When they were sufficiently browned on each side the pan was removed from the heat and covered to allow them to continue cooking with residual Heat. This also allows them to rest time while the vegetables were being finished off.

After pouring the water from the nonstick pan I added the Asian pear puree and began to heat that up. The butter, Tamari, and soy sauce were also added and mixed well.  Next into the pan, the scallion whites and shiitake mushrooms. This was allowed to cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes until the onion started to go a little bit clear. You might need additional salt and pepper, if necessary stop and give it a taste. After this I added the brussel sprouts to the pan and mixed everything together. This was allowed to cook for an additional 3 minutes. I left the carrots plain since they are already Sweet on their own and there will be plenty of juice in the bowl to dip them in.

By the time the vegetables are finished the pork should be fully cooked and rested.


The plate!

The Asian pear puree was a bit chunky so it didn't turn into a sauce like I wanted. This is why I ended up mixing it with the vegetables. It ended up being a nice mix of sweet, ginger and garlic that went very well with the vegetables.

Find more food pics on my Instagram here.

- Kris 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies.

Making: Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies. 1 serving prepared  Here's what I have: Burger and topping mix: 1 tsp Orange Ginger Spice blend  2 tsp Scallion whites  1/2 tsp Concentrated beef stock  1 tsp Ginger paste  2 tbsp Tamari Gluten-free pretzel crumbs 1 tsp honey  The rest:   5 oz Ground pork  2 tbsp Sesame seed  1/4 cup White onion  1/4 cup Russet potato  1/4 cup Carrot  Scallion greens  Preparation: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. The ingredients for the topping and burger mix were placed in a food processor and blend it until well-mixed. Half will go into the patty and half to the topping. The patty: 1 tbsp of sesame seeds, gf crumbs and half of the mix was added to the ground pork. A patty was formed and set aside.  The potatoes and carrots were drizzled in avocado oil and baked 425 degrees for 25 minutes.  When the vegetables hit the 15-minute Mark of cooking I got a n...

Try it out: Hellofresh 31

Reviewing: Chicken sausage sweet potato and kale soup. 1 serving prepared  Here's what you get: Forgot the cheese! Sweet potato  Kale  Italian chicken sausage mix  Chili flake  Yellow onion  Italian seasoning  Chicken stock concentrate  Parmesan cheese  Not used: Demi baguette  The soup: Per instructions I started by cooking the onion and sausage together until the onions are browned and the sausage was cooked through.  Next the sweet potatoes, stock concentrate and spice packet was added along with 1 in 1/4 cup of vegetable broth. After the soup was done simmering for 7 minutes per instruction I put the kale in and let it cook for an additional seven minutes. Side: Since I can't have the baguette I made some GF cheese crackers to go along with the soup today. The process for that will be posted at a later date. The plate: And flat bread - Kris

Croissant in the making

Making: Sourdough Croissants! Makes 8-12 depending on cut size Here's what I have: Dough 28 G butter  315 g flour plus additional for dusting.  *Today I'm using King Arthur gluten free bread flour 25 G sugar  1 tsp salt  97 G sourdough starter  180 ML whole milk  Butter pad 240 G butter  Allowed to soften at room temp. Egg wash 1 large egg 2 tbsp whole milk Preparation: In total this recipe took 3 days from mixing to lamination process then baking. Day 1  The dry goods were all combined in the mixing bowl and whisked together until incorporated. The bowl is placed on the stand mixer and set to the third setting with the dough hook in. Slowly I added milk and butter in increments. Once all the what ingredients were in the bowl I turned the speed up and let it run scraping down the sides every once in a while until a dough ball formed. Making the butter sheet: While the mixer was going I placed the butter for the butter sheet in between parchment ...