Skip to main content

Potato fritters

Making:

Potato fritter snack

1 serving prepared 

Here's what I have:

10 oz  Sliced russet Potato 
1 oz Garlic with Italian spice in olive oil 
0.5 oz Mirin
1 tsp Butter
1 tbsp Potato flour
1 tbsp Yondu

Preparation:

Preheat convection oven to 350 on convection setting.

Potatoes were boiled for 12 minutes so they were cut through but still frim enough to make chunks. After boiling they were drained of water and replaced in the pot with the lid half on.

In a separate pan while the potatoes were boiling. The garlic in Italian oil was was sauteed in a pan until the garlic was browned and butter was added towards the end of this. The butter was allowed to brown slightly. Once done the garlic removed from the pan and the pan removed from the heat.

On a cutting board  the garlic was mashed and then chopped then added back to the Pan. Yondu and mirin we're added to the pan on medium heat and allow to cook until a syrup formed. The syrup garlic mix was the added to the pot with the potatoes and roughly mixed together.

To firm up the Fritter mix potato flour was added and mixed quickly so lumps did not form. This was allowed to sit for 2 minutes to continue firming.

Using a small scoop the fritters were placed on a greased baking sheet and mashed down slightly. In the convection oven these were cooked for 30 minutes and then broiled for four to get a crispy layer on top.


The plate!



- Kris 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies.

Making: Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies. 1 serving prepared  Here's what I have: Burger and topping mix: 1 tsp Orange Ginger Spice blend  2 tsp Scallion whites  1/2 tsp Concentrated beef stock  1 tsp Ginger paste  2 tbsp Tamari Gluten-free pretzel crumbs 1 tsp honey  The rest:   5 oz Ground pork  2 tbsp Sesame seed  1/4 cup White onion  1/4 cup Russet potato  1/4 cup Carrot  Scallion greens  Preparation: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. The ingredients for the topping and burger mix were placed in a food processor and blend it until well-mixed. Half will go into the patty and half to the topping. The patty: 1 tbsp of sesame seeds, gf crumbs and half of the mix was added to the ground pork. A patty was formed and set aside.  The potatoes and carrots were drizzled in avocado oil and baked 425 degrees for 25 minutes.  When the vegetables hit the 15-minute Mark of cooking I got a n...

Try it out: Hellofresh 31

Reviewing: Chicken sausage sweet potato and kale soup. 1 serving prepared  Here's what you get: Forgot the cheese! Sweet potato  Kale  Italian chicken sausage mix  Chili flake  Yellow onion  Italian seasoning  Chicken stock concentrate  Parmesan cheese  Not used: Demi baguette  The soup: Per instructions I started by cooking the onion and sausage together until the onions are browned and the sausage was cooked through.  Next the sweet potatoes, stock concentrate and spice packet was added along with 1 in 1/4 cup of vegetable broth. After the soup was done simmering for 7 minutes per instruction I put the kale in and let it cook for an additional seven minutes. Side: Since I can't have the baguette I made some GF cheese crackers to go along with the soup today. The process for that will be posted at a later date. The plate: And flat bread - Kris

Croissant in the making

Making: Sourdough Croissants! Makes 8-12 depending on cut size Here's what I have: Dough 28 G butter  315 g flour plus additional for dusting.  *Today I'm using King Arthur gluten free bread flour 25 G sugar  1 tsp salt  97 G sourdough starter  180 ML whole milk  Butter pad 240 G butter  Allowed to soften at room temp. Egg wash 1 large egg 2 tbsp whole milk Preparation: In total this recipe took 3 days from mixing to lamination process then baking. Day 1  The dry goods were all combined in the mixing bowl and whisked together until incorporated. The bowl is placed on the stand mixer and set to the third setting with the dough hook in. Slowly I added milk and butter in increments. Once all the what ingredients were in the bowl I turned the speed up and let it run scraping down the sides every once in a while until a dough ball formed. Making the butter sheet: While the mixer was going I placed the butter for the butter sheet in between parchment ...