Skip to main content

GF pasta dough

Making: Gluten-free pasta dough!



What I have

Wet mix:
1 pinch salt.
4 whole eggs + 2 egg yolks room temp 
14 G extra virgin olive oil

Dry mix:
1 tsp Xanthan gum.
280 G AP GF pastry flour 
45 G tapioca starch 


Preparation

Mix wet ingredient list together thoroughly until well blended 

Measure and mix together dry ingredients, Mount them together and make it well using a smaller Bowl. Pour wet ingredients into well and mix Slowly by bringing in dry flour to the wet mix turn Bowl as you go.

Continue mixing ingredients together until you have a rough dough ball and then begin kneading the dough to finish incorporating all ingredients together.

I'm here you can use a heavy rolling pin to help with the mixing by pressing rolling and folding the dough until it is pliable. Roll into a flat Square and cut into 2-in strips.

Place a piece of Saran or other covering over top to keep dough I'm trying out as you work it.


Once you are ready to work the dough further, set aside at least one cup of tapioca or cornstarch for flowering the finished dough.  If are using a flat pasta roller keep to setting 1 and thin out from there. 

Flour your rollers with your tapioca or cornstarch. flatten the dough until even. Next select the type of pasta cut you want keeping the dough flowered use your cutter to create your pasta type. 


If you are making noodles once ready to cook bring water to a boil and cook for 4 minutes before draining. Add a bit of olive oil after cooking to keep pasta from sticking together.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies.

Making: Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies. 1 serving prepared  Here's what I have: Burger and topping mix: 1 tsp Orange Ginger Spice blend  2 tsp Scallion whites  1/2 tsp Concentrated beef stock  1 tsp Ginger paste  2 tbsp Tamari Gluten-free pretzel crumbs 1 tsp honey  The rest:   5 oz Ground pork  2 tbsp Sesame seed  1/4 cup White onion  1/4 cup Russet potato  1/4 cup Carrot  Scallion greens  Preparation: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. The ingredients for the topping and burger mix were placed in a food processor and blend it until well-mixed. Half will go into the patty and half to the topping. The patty: 1 tbsp of sesame seeds, gf crumbs and half of the mix was added to the ground pork. A patty was formed and set aside.  The potatoes and carrots were drizzled in avocado oil and baked 425 degrees for 25 minutes.  When the vegetables hit the 15-minute Mark of cooking I got a n...

Try it out: Hellofresh 31

Reviewing: Chicken sausage sweet potato and kale soup. 1 serving prepared  Here's what you get: Forgot the cheese! Sweet potato  Kale  Italian chicken sausage mix  Chili flake  Yellow onion  Italian seasoning  Chicken stock concentrate  Parmesan cheese  Not used: Demi baguette  The soup: Per instructions I started by cooking the onion and sausage together until the onions are browned and the sausage was cooked through.  Next the sweet potatoes, stock concentrate and spice packet was added along with 1 in 1/4 cup of vegetable broth. After the soup was done simmering for 7 minutes per instruction I put the kale in and let it cook for an additional seven minutes. Side: Since I can't have the baguette I made some GF cheese crackers to go along with the soup today. The process for that will be posted at a later date. The plate: And flat bread - Kris

Croissant in the making

Making: Sourdough Croissants! Makes 8-12 depending on cut size Here's what I have: Dough 28 G butter  315 g flour plus additional for dusting.  *Today I'm using King Arthur gluten free bread flour 25 G sugar  1 tsp salt  97 G sourdough starter  180 ML whole milk  Butter pad 240 G butter  Allowed to soften at room temp. Egg wash 1 large egg 2 tbsp whole milk Preparation: In total this recipe took 3 days from mixing to lamination process then baking. Day 1  The dry goods were all combined in the mixing bowl and whisked together until incorporated. The bowl is placed on the stand mixer and set to the third setting with the dough hook in. Slowly I added milk and butter in increments. Once all the what ingredients were in the bowl I turned the speed up and let it run scraping down the sides every once in a while until a dough ball formed. Making the butter sheet: While the mixer was going I placed the butter for the butter sheet in between parchment ...