Skip to main content

Cucumber city side salad

Making:

Cucumber and tomato salad 

4 servings prepared 

Here's what I have:


10 oz Tomato 
8 oz Cucumber 
0.3 oz Dill 
0.4 oz White wine vinegar 
0.2 oz Honey 
0.2 oz Lime juice

Preparation:

The tomatoes are sliced in half and the Cucumbers sliced slightly diagonally. The deal was chopped until it had a finer texture. 

The honey, white wine vinegar, dill and lime juice were combined together in a small bowl. This salad usually lasts up to 5 days refrigerated.

The plate!


The white wine vinegar and honey work really great together. The dill from my garden is a bit weak right now so it doesn't really pop out flavor wise but it looks cool in the bowl!

- Kris 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies.

Making: Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies. 1 serving prepared  Here's what I have: Burger and topping mix: 1 tsp Orange Ginger Spice blend  2 tsp Scallion whites  1/2 tsp Concentrated beef stock  1 tsp Ginger paste  2 tbsp Tamari Gluten-free pretzel crumbs 1 tsp honey  The rest:   5 oz Ground pork  2 tbsp Sesame seed  1/4 cup White onion  1/4 cup Russet potato  1/4 cup Carrot  Scallion greens  Preparation: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. The ingredients for the topping and burger mix were placed in a food processor and blend it until well-mixed. Half will go into the patty and half to the topping. The patty: 1 tbsp of sesame seeds, gf crumbs and half of the mix was added to the ground pork. A patty was formed and set aside.  The potatoes and carrots were drizzled in avocado oil and baked 425 degrees for 25 minutes.  When the vegetables hit the 15-minute Mark of cooking I got a n...

Dinner winner, Cilantro chicken rice bowl with black beans and tomato

I was inspired by a budget bytes post (link below) and decided to make this dish with some of the things I have around the kitchen. One serving was prepared. Here's what I have: 1/4 tsp Onion  1/4 tsp Paprika  1/4 tsp Garlic  1/4 tsp Celery salt  1/4 tsp Pepper  1/4 tsp Cumin  1/4 tsp Butter  4.5 oz Chicken sliced thin 1/4 cup Jasmine rice - 1/2 cup water 1 tbsp White onion   1 tbsp Green onions  1/4 cup Cherry tomatoes 1/4 cup Cilantro  1/4 cup Black beans  4 tbsp Lime juice  (not pictured) 1.5 oz sourcream 1 oz chicken stock  The rice was prepared first since it takes the longest. To finish I added 1 tbsp lime juice and some cilantro and set it to the side.  To top the dish 1.5 oz of sourcream, 1tbsp lime juice and some cilantro were combined. Next I began warming the beans on low in a small pot and got the cast iron pan going for the chicken. The white onion and butter were added to the pan first, ...

Cheese tortilla party

Making:  Cheese tortilla! 6 servings prepared. Here's what I have: 284 Grams of king Arthur masa harina 60 Grams cheese powder  30 Grams butter powder  419 grams hot water  Preparation: The dry ingredients were combined in the mixing bowl. With the stand mixer set to stir I slowly added the hot water until the dough ball formed. Once everything was well Incorporated the adult wall was divided into six portions. A damp paper towel was placed over the dough so it didn't try out as the tortillas were cooked.  Using a parchment lined tortilla press each dough ball was pressed just before cooking on the Comal. Each side was allowed to cook for 30-45 seconds before flipping. This allowed each side to dry out just enough. The second cook was done until the tortilla puffed up and Browning was beginning to form.  The plate! - Kris