Skip to main content

Orange ginger bacon-wrapped tenderloin with sugar snap peas and Chēbē bread

Making:

Orange ginger bacon-wrapped tenderloin with sugar snap peas and Chēbē bread

1 serving prepared 

Here's what I have:

5 lb pork tenderloin 
2 strips thick-cut bacon 
1 tbsp honey 
2 oz Shallot 
2 Garlic cloves 
1 tablespoon chicken stock concentrate 
2 tbsp orange Ginger Spice blend
2 oz Vegetable stock 
1 tsp Bacon butter 
5.1 Oz sugar snap pea 
 
Salt/Pepper  to taste 

3 Chēbē cheese bread dough balls

Preparation:

The Chēbē bread dough was prepared and three were cooked in an oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

The bacon was laid criss cross on a plate and the pork tenderloin was prepared by drying and then dusting it with the orange ginger spice mix a little bit of salt and pepper. The bacon was wrapped around the pork loin and secured with toothpicks. You can see a wrapped tenderloin here too. The wrapped tenderloin, half of the shallot cut into chunks and the two cloves of garlic were added to the baking sheet lined with tin foil. These were baked for 25 minutes

The sugar snap peas were prepared by tossing with the avocado oil and putting a little bit of salt and pepper on. In the last 10 minutes of cooking this was added to the same pan as the tenderloin.

To make the sauce for the shallots were cooked in a little bit of bacon butter until soft. Some vegetable broth was added along with chicken stock concentrate, honey and a teaspoon of the orange ginger spice mix. This was a lot to cook down until it reached a syrupy consistency

The plate! 



- Kris 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies.

Making: Orange ginger sesame burger with roasted veggies. 1 serving prepared  Here's what I have: Burger and topping mix: 1 tsp Orange Ginger Spice blend  2 tsp Scallion whites  1/2 tsp Concentrated beef stock  1 tsp Ginger paste  2 tbsp Tamari Gluten-free pretzel crumbs 1 tsp honey  The rest:   5 oz Ground pork  2 tbsp Sesame seed  1/4 cup White onion  1/4 cup Russet potato  1/4 cup Carrot  Scallion greens  Preparation: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. The ingredients for the topping and burger mix were placed in a food processor and blend it until well-mixed. Half will go into the patty and half to the topping. The patty: 1 tbsp of sesame seeds, gf crumbs and half of the mix was added to the ground pork. A patty was formed and set aside.  The potatoes and carrots were drizzled in avocado oil and baked 425 degrees for 25 minutes.  When the vegetables hit the 15-minute Mark of cooking I got a n...

Croissant in the making

Making: Sourdough Croissants! Makes 8-12 depending on cut size Here's what I have: Dough 28 G butter  315 g flour plus additional for dusting.  *Today I'm using King Arthur gluten free bread flour 25 G sugar  1 tsp salt  97 G sourdough starter  180 ML whole milk  Butter pad 240 G butter  Allowed to soften at room temp. Egg wash 1 large egg 2 tbsp whole milk Preparation: In total this recipe took 3 days from mixing to lamination process then baking. Day 1  The dry goods were all combined in the mixing bowl and whisked together until incorporated. The bowl is placed on the stand mixer and set to the third setting with the dough hook in. Slowly I added milk and butter in increments. Once all the what ingredients were in the bowl I turned the speed up and let it run scraping down the sides every once in a while until a dough ball formed. Making the butter sheet: While the mixer was going I placed the butter for the butter sheet in between parchment ...

Try it out: Hellofresh 31

Reviewing: Chicken sausage sweet potato and kale soup. 1 serving prepared  Here's what you get: Forgot the cheese! Sweet potato  Kale  Italian chicken sausage mix  Chili flake  Yellow onion  Italian seasoning  Chicken stock concentrate  Parmesan cheese  Not used: Demi baguette  The soup: Per instructions I started by cooking the onion and sausage together until the onions are browned and the sausage was cooked through.  Next the sweet potatoes, stock concentrate and spice packet was added along with 1 in 1/4 cup of vegetable broth. After the soup was done simmering for 7 minutes per instruction I put the kale in and let it cook for an additional seven minutes. Side: Since I can't have the baguette I made some GF cheese crackers to go along with the soup today. The process for that will be posted at a later date. The plate: And flat bread - Kris